EDITORIAL CONTENT FOR WEBSITES, BLOGS, NEWSLETTERS, PR, SOCIAL MEDIA AND ADVERTISEMENTS – TIPS AND ADVICE
Content is the words on the page you are reading. It’s the copy on your website, newsletter editorial, the blog, press release, the video, images and messages you share on social media. Therefore content is words, knowledge and information.
Valuable content is supercharged content. It’s content with a bigger purpose, useful information created for a particular audience
By valuable content I mean the words, knowledge and information you choose to shape and share for your customers, content that helps or inspires them or both! Content that engages readers. Good content gives your brand a voice, a face and a personality.
VALUABLE CONTENT IS
- Useful – it educates, informs or entertains.
- Focussed – it is relevant and meaningful to its target audience.
- Clear and compelling – it tells a story that people understand and respond to.
- High quality – it is interesting, well written, produced with substance.
- Genuine – it is written with a particular segment of the market in mind by people with knowledge and who care.
- Put your customer first.
- Help, don’t hard sell.
- Give your knowledge away for free – teach people something they did not know.
- Think niche.
- Tell a good story.
- Commit to quality.
- Write from the heart.
- Ask for their feedback.
- Ask them to share it with others.
- Ask for them to contribute.
FIVE QUALITIES A NEWSLETTER NEEDS
- Clear aim.
- Effective design.
WHAT DOES GOOGLE WANT?
Creating high-quality content for your website is by far one of the most important thing you can do when it comes to SEO – search engine optimisation.
Modern SEO is all about creating content so valuable and compelling that other people naturally want to promote it, to share it, like it and Tweet about it. The more that people link to your site, the more of an authority Google and the other search engines will consider you to be on the subject, doing great things for your ranking.
TOP FIVE WAYS TO OPTIMISE CONTENT FOR SEO – SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMISATION
- Keyword search.
- Update meta tags and content.
- Inbound links/outbound links.
- Update with regular content.
- Share your content.
- Choosing the correct keywords is the foundation to success with SEO. Pick the right ones.
- Twitter 74%.
- LinkedIn 71%.
- Facebook 70%.
- YouTube 56%.
Sharing value added content will help grow a business.
STREETS MARKETING AGENCY OFFER A FULL COPY WRITING SERVICE FOR
- Website content.
- Social Media.
- Email Newsletters or e-zines.
- Advertisement campaigns.
- Brochures and catalogues.
- Inserts and leaflets.
- Marketing material for events.
Contact us now to discuss your project on 01733 243235/07855447968 or email Maddie@streetsmarketing.co.uk
Or connect with the Managing Director Madeleine Lillywhite on LinkedIn.