WEBSITES – TIPS AND ADVICE
Streets understand digital and have project managed and built many mobile responsive websites with their partners. Our digital service includes initial discussions and meetings, project management, research, planning, content strategy, optimization strategy, branding strategy, domain set-up, hosting, design, content, coding, social media plugins, content management system (and training if necessary), setting up KPI (insights and analytics), ongoing management and maintenance if necessary.
Call us on 01780 591172 to discuss your project requirements.
TYPES OF WEBSITE STREETS PROJECT MANAGE AND BUILD
- Mobile responsive websites.
- A business website with a content management system.
- E-commerce – online shop.
- Integrated e-commerce shop.
- Parallax Scrolling Web Design – Parallax Scrolling means you can basically list all of your information on one page with no need to create multiple pages to list all of your content.
- Affiliate – A site whose purpose is to sell a third party’s products. The seller receives a commission.
- Brand building site – A site whose purpose of creating an experience of a brand online. These sites do not usually sell anything but focus on building the brand. Brand building sites are most common for low value, high volume fast moving consumer goods.
- Search engine and directory type website.
- Static brochure.
- Content managed brochure.
A WEBSITE ALLOWS YOU TO ENGAGE WITH CUSTOMERS
Why does my business need a website? Simple really, not all visitors are ready to purchase straight away. The majority will be much earlier in the buying process, looking for information for when the time is right to buy; when the time is right your visitors will turn into customers. To achieve this, turn your website into a valuable hub of information and resource, more like a library than a static brochure. Streets can write website content for your business. Engaging content will help to build brand and customer loyalty.
Some businesses websites are just a flat, online brochure. This is fine if all you want is a credibility tool, but if you want to generate leads from your website then you definitely need more.
11 BENEFITS OF A WEBSITE
- A website is a brand extension of your business.
- A key environment to share your brand messages and relevant key information such as contact details and opening times.
- A place to engage with customers, share content, tips, offers, news, videos, connect on SM, run competitions, collect data.
- Read information about your products or service, what makes you unique and different to your competitors.
- A place you can conduct market research and find out more about your visitors/customers, their buying and spending habits.
- A place to launch new products or services and explain the benefits to visitors.
- A website is likely to be more cost-effective and more flexible than printing and sending out brochures and catalogues to customers. Content and images can be changed easily if you have a content management system.
- Market and brand expansion. The internet has allowed brands to reach territories worldwide.
- You may want to include an e-commerce shop onto your website, therefore creating another revenue stream.
- A website is open all day, every day, so you never have to turn a customer away due to opening hours.
- A place customers can buy from you.
A WEBSITE STRATEGY SHOULD INCLUDE
- A Situational Analysis first to gauge where you are now.
- Where necessary research your market, including stakeholders, customers, the organisation’s requirements. Study your customers’ behaviour from any customer insight information you have, look at other similar websites in similar fields, analyse your competitors.
- Define and quantify realistic objectives, for example, do you want to sell (drive sales), serve (add value), speak and interact with customers, save (reduce costs), or sizzle (boost brand values).
- Identify the target market and segments.
- Prepare the digital marketing plan, roadmap and investment required (budget and resource). Set the vision, set your goals, target market and key performance indicators (KPIs); it’s important to know how many people are visiting your website, when, what they are interested in/buying, where they come from, their buying behaviour, conversion rate. It’s important to have this information so you can study the return on investment (ROI) later.
- Decide what type of website is relevant for your business.
- Prepare your Digital Marketing Strategy, branding, look at content, SEO, the tone of voice and timings.
- Look at short term implementation, tactics and communication tools.
- Set long-term implementation, tactics, and actions.
- Look at Integrated Offline Media Communications to promote and include the website.
- Decide on the creative.
- Prepare the website creative brief for the designer and developer.
- Set up the content management system.
- Content writing.
- Site build and implementation with content management system
Follow these simple website rules:
- Consistent brand identity.
- Regular updates.
- Offer visitors an easy journey – good navigation.
- Teach your audience by offering valuable content.
- A strong call to action signs.
THE BENEFITS OF VALUE ADDED WEBSITE CONTENT
CONTENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM – CMS
Streets marketing agency create websites with their own content management system, this allows our customers to update the content on their websites themselves. We don’t want you to have to pay us every time you want to make a small change and by being able to do it yourself, you know it can happen instantly giving you full in-house control. Alternatively, if you prefer Streets to upload content for you, we can do it for you.
We can also assist with
- Domain names.
The websites we project manage and develop for customers could include
- Opt-in email data registration (email newsletter strategy).
- Opt-in mobile marketing data registration (SMS marketing strategy).
- Interactive, digital advertising positions.
- Rich media, including video.
- Social media, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram.
- On-line PR.
- Sales promotions.
- Online partnerships and affiliations.
- User-generated content.
- Sourced images.
Your website has to be a brand extension of your business, not the poor relative. Our websites are designed and developed using industry leading technologies. We understand that a successful website combines good design, great images, with valuable content, easy navigation and a series of clear ‘calls to action’.
Remember some people may visit your website before they ever visit you, if your website shop window looks poor quality they will assume your business is too.
RESPONSIVE DESIGN AND WEBSITE
With more than 50% of your potential customers accessing the internet via a mobile device, tablet or smart phone, it’s crucial that your website is accessible and easy to use on devices with smaller screens. A responsive design reacts to the users device, displaying your site to suit their screen size. Responsive design ensures you connect and engage with all your customers regardless of how that are viewing your website.
If you want to discuss an internet marketing project for your business call us for a FREE quote on 01780 591 172/07855447968 or email Maddie@streetsmarketing.co.uk
OR connect with the Managing Director Madeleine Lillywhite on LinkedIn.